XCopy deployment & Console app hosting?

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Hi,

I came across phoenix when investigating Rhino Queues as I'm looking for a fast message bus system for a communication between a number of components running on the same device.

One advantage of the Rhino app is that it supports XCopy deployment - are there any plans to expand the host of the ESB to be a console app instead of a windows service?

If I was to look at this myself, I'm a little unclear what project in your solution is the actual windows service host as when you install there are several services created. Is a console app host even feasible due to all these other dependencies?

Thanks

Coordinator
Oct 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM

You can actually run PSB in any type of hosting. The default hosting is a window service, but you can run the same code found in the PServiceBus.ComponentContainer(It uses a service.xml file that specific what configuration to load per instance, you can write the correct code to use a console app to launch each component), PServiceBus.WebSocket and any window service project from a console app and it would still run the same way. PSB instances does not have any dependencies on running in windows services.

In future version, I can add more hosting support to PSB roadmap.