Sample JS Chat App subscription does not work in my machine.

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Hi, I downloaded the sample chat app scripts from  "http://iomegatrix.com/chat.html". It

contains three files, they are "chat.html", "psb.js", "chat.js". I then modified the "chat.js" in two

places:

1. at line 3, modified it to "var endpoint = "localhost";

2. at line 87, modified it to "PSB.setting.endpoint(String.format("http://{0}:8087/ESBRestService/", "localhost"));

I used Google Chrome to browser the above website locally, I found that the subscription

does not work. It means that this JS client can publish the message but can not receive the

message from other client.

I installed PServiceBus 2.0.0 and make sure that PServiceBusRest has been started with the

path as "C:\Program Files (x86)\PServiceBus2.0.0\EST WEB REST"

Does anybody knonw what is wrong? Do I miss something?

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Were you able to run the chat sample from my website before downloading it? It try navigating to it from phone and tablet and I was able to send message the two device.

Downloading the chat sample from the iomegatrix.com would not work for you. Sending might work, but receiving would not because I am currently running the 2.0.1 version on my server which is not release yet.

So installing the current version and using the code from iomegatrix.com would not. Instead, you would need to run the sample js chat from the sample.zip file that is current available for download since the is compatible with the current release which 2.0.0. Sorry for the trouble :).

I will be releasing the 2.0.1 end of October which is significantly improve in term of api availability, performance, and much more.

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Thanks. I used the sample JS codes and it works now.

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Np

On Sep 25, 2012 3:40 PM, "lingshen" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks. I used the sample JS codes and it works now.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pServiceBus@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email pServiceBus@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com