Load balancing

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Hi,

Can multiple installs of Phoenix be used together in a load balanced environment and if so what is the recommended setup?

Matthew

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I wrote a wiki just for that. You can read about it here: http://pservicebus.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=How%20to%20setup%20the%20ESB%20as%20a%20cluster%20for%20fail-over&referringTitle=Documentation

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM

In the future, I would be providing a tool to make setting up the ESB in a load balanced environment easier.

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Thanks,

So would you set up the two servers with a single ip using network load balancing?

Matthew

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I could setup NLB since the routers/gateways component are using TCP connection through ZeroMQ. You don't have to use NLB if you follow the instruction to setup the ESBs.

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:42 PM
I just need clarification about NLB and the source code. Am I correct in saying, the code on CodePlex does NOT support NLB? I have to use the Trial or Commercial version?

Your wiki states:

"Note: This will only work for trial and commercial licensed installation"

Thanks for any response.
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2014 at 11:56 PM
That is correct. There are future plans to have a UI dashboard(Currently been developed) and utility to make it easier to setup load balancing across multiple ESB components without using the manual steps.

Thanks.